Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Turning 1

Well, I thought I should write a little something reflecting on the past year. Alex will be 1 year old tomorrow. Boy, that makes me sad. My little boy is growing up. I know that is what all parents say, but until you experience it yourself it's hard to understand.

This past year has been wonderful and hard. We've been through many, many ups and downs and wouldn't change it because we have our family. We are just so thankful Alex is here with us!

Over the past year Alex was hospitalized 8 times and has been countless doctors. He has grown and changed and is a happy little boy. He likes to smile with his 7 teeth, crawl all over the house, cruise along the furniture, and refuses to say "ma ma." The little stinker! :)

He will have his baby dedication tomorrow along with his little birthday party. With any luck he'll eat some cake and not get sick. :)

He is making some progress:

Weight: 16lb 13oz

Height: 28 inches

Teeth: 7

Sounds: Dadada, a da da da, gurrr

Medications: Digoxin, miralax, iron, pulmacort, albuterol

Oxygen: Yes

Movement: Waving hi and bye, crawling, cruising, trying to stand, sitting, rolling, grabbing with pincher fingers, and pounding (another drummer).

Allergies: Codine, Milk Protein, Rice, Bananas, Augmentine

Surgeries: 2 down and 2-3 to go

Happy Birthday little boy! WE LOVE YOU ~ Mommy, Daddy, and Katelyn

1 comment:

paulafrances said...

I heard Alex got to spend his b-day without oxygen and was so happy to hear it! What a darling child.
I am praying for his blood count results. Alex is so special.
You are too, and his dad, and his big sis. Hang in there! So many are praying!
I know you guys through Alex and Kate's g-mom, Edna Mae, what a blessing she is in my life.